Women of India

On the first week of November, I set foot for the first time on the land of Incredible India. It was one of those trips, the ones that are hard to get over, if you ever do.

I spent a week there, and as my time to leave drew closer, I thought of the things I would miss.

Like what my friends at home thought, when you say India, you think culture. Culture everywhere you looked. And I noticed how the women, in their native wear, defined in a major way the sights of India.

I will miss seeing women going about their daily routine, draped in their colorful sarees.



Sometimes, they just pop out of the landscape.
 


Seeing their dress is only one of the things that made me realize how much westernized Filipinos are. Here, going around town in long skirts and beaded tops is sure to be an affair.




This little girl is my favorite. I love what she's wearing, plus her short hair. We got to meet her during Colm Clarke's and Markus Shimizu's performance when we entered their little village, which was just near our dormitory.


The drape of the Indian dress is very feminine. It evokes feelings of warmth, which could be motherly or romantic or both.


It's a different sort of eye-candy. And I will miss it.


 ____________________________________________
My work during this visit at: http://wearmesa.blogspot.com/2010/12/body-photo-work-series-during-gawf.html


Comments

Popular Posts