A note on casual doodlin'


Another thing that changed after my visits to India is my doodling.  They've become more detailed, somewhat ornate.  I guess that's a normal effect.  Everywhere you look in India, there is detail - in their temples, in their houses and buildings, their fabrics, their vehicles.  It's easy to be influenced by it all.

But apart from it becoming ornate, my doodling also became "braver".  Coming back after my first visit in India and being overwhelmed by their culture and all the detail they had in their art, I doodled as a way of capturing the strange beauty I have encountered.  I didn't doodle places or people, but patterns coming out of lines, curves, and dots.  I doodled to help me synthesize all the new things I saw.  Perhaps "braver" here means a sense of purpose - that my doodling is helping me with how I process things.


print-in-progress

Doodling for me has always been a device to clear my head.  Now, as they've become more detailed and "braver", some doodles also act as notes for a future project, like a textile print or a crafted embellishment.  And other such possibilities.



_______________________________________________________________
The project Drawing Box was one such possibility:  http://wearmesa.blogspot.com/2013/07/the-drawing-box.html

Comments

  1. hurrah to braver doodling! parang gusto ko tuloy magdrowing uli. tsktsk, clay na lang muna :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts