Busy was the first week in jatiwangi artist residency

It was a busy week, happily filled with meet ups with local artists and artisans.  I am indebted to the work of my in-charge, who also happens to be a funny woman.

I've already finished one piece for the Wear of Needs project and have a few more works in progress

Jatiwangi Art Factory houses an actual factory for making clay rooftiles. Yesterday, in one of my walks, I ended up in the clay factory.  There were some small slabs of clay left on the work table.  I picked it up and got hooked instantly. Hmmm, and the first thing I ended up making?



Toblerone!

The clay tiles are everywhere.  I noticed them looking down on the city from the airplane. On the village mosque, as instruments (!), on the streets etc.






Looking forward to my next clay session...


____________________________________________________

Comments

Popular Posts