Memorable Art Encounters 2016

Photography of Sebastiao Salgado.
I saw this enormous print in an Ayala Museum exhibition.
Soon, I will go on an online hunt to view more of his work.
Source: thephotographersgallery.org.uk




Light/horizon paintings by Marina and Irina Fabrizius.  Twin painters who simply paint ... the light.  



The Armoire by Jean Honore Fragonard.  
I encountered this work while taking the Coursera course Sexing the Canvas: Art and Gender.  The discussion of this work was entertaining and probably the best moment in the course for me.
Taking that course also probably pushed me further to commit to a documentation project right along that theme.


Sunday Morning.
Amid the bustle during Art Basel in Hong Kong last March, I had not asked for the name of the artist behind this painting.  This work does capture a certain Sunday vibe.  Amid the flurry of artworks in the fair taking on a myriad of issues and themes, seeing this work was a break in itself.

For Memorable Art Encounters 2015, click here.

Comments

Popular Posts