Little Black Eco Dress during "Destination: Fashion Nation"


Last September, SM City (part of the biggest chain of malls in the Philippines) celebrated its 25th anniversary and partnered with the Fashion Institute to stage a 2-night fashion event for the occasion. Dubbed "Destination: Fashion Nation", the classy event gathered fashion designers and enthusiasts; I got to see old familiar faces and friends again.



I showed my "eco" version of the little black dress or LBD. This number is mostly made from leftover fabrics. Turns out I've had enough black scraps to pull it off.



Aiza looked real pretty in this photo. I decided to go with an LBD because: 1) I've never made one before and the challenge was to make my version of this classic ensemble; and 2) I'm participating in a Green Art Festival in a couple of days and making an eco-friendly LBD kinda hits 2 birds in 1 stone.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts