Specialty paper, dried seeds, and others in Manila FAME


I have just visited the Manila FAME for the first time.  One of the many promotional materials I gathered said "Visit Manila FAME for an exceptionally exciting sourcing experience!"  That it was, exactly.

This big exhibition holds the best of Philippine furniture and interior design products, fashion and accessories, and craft.  It is effectively a snapshot of the state of Philippine design in these industries.  Notably, the event also incorporated some art installations in the exhibitions, as if pushing the blurring of the line separating design and art.



I found my visit to be very helpful to me.  I reckon it was also very helpful to the exhibitors themselves - there, they could see the competition up close and check if they remain relevant/unique/competitive.  

It took me a good 3 hours to browse through the selections.  And as I was doing this, I realized that I may have just become a trade fair junkie.  Ha ha ha - well then, why not?

And here are 2 of my take-aways from the fair.


This is specialty paper with embossed detail from Davao-based TADECO.  I am a fan of TADECO design, so I'm glad I got to take home something made by them (I also repeatedly told the vendor to tell her boss to really think of putting up a Manila office/shop).  To the paper lovers - yes, the paper really is as special as it looks on the photo


These are from the Earth's Bounty Shop booth.  All sorts of dried seeds.  These are charming dried seeds, dyed in many colors, some even giving off a fragrant smell.  As is, it already looks like an interesting bunch, but each type of seed is interesting on its own.

Comments

  1. Mae!!!! I LOVE the paper! Huhu. I didn't see them when I was there. I think I was too hungry to notice. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...yeah, the darn event can really work up an appetite! Just in case, check out this post from Rajo Laurel... because he got to take photos! http://blogs.stylebible.ph/rajosblog/2012/03/22/citem-fame-show-2012-2/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post! Thanks for sharing.. Brian Scott

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts