Thank you's and accomplishments - Indonesia residency


Before going off to Indonesia for my next residency, I made a list of things I wanted to accomplish.  It was a hefty and ambitious list.  But something that I had properly prepared for.

Now, back in Manila, I go back to this list. 

... and I get to put a check mark on each item.

As far as my experience in residencies in foreign countries go, this is remarkable.  I have a lot of folks to thank.


From the presentation poster Mang Agus created,
to the documentation photos and videos of Evni Schumi.

From the cooperative spirit of wood artist Anex for the Auma belt (topic of my next post),
to the generous demo that Sudarman gave me in making his recycled plastic products.

From the calm efficiency of Mang Nana in getting the gallery space ready for the presentation and exhibit, to the warm presence of Bimut in the kitchen of the JaF house.

From the kind guidance of Arief and Loranita in seeing that my residency go smoothly,
to the support given by Umi and Abi, especially in making my t-shirt workshop sessions with the school kids and with hearing-impaired women happen (will talk more about that soon).


Wear of Needs exhibit at the JaF gallery

For now, this is one of my favorite video clips that Evni took.  Taken during my t-shirt workshop with the SMP 4 school kids. 




Comments

Popular Posts