DIY Fashion Workshop, Indonesia




Capping the day's art engagement activities was the DIY Fashion Workshop.  I discussed my own DIY fashion pieces to the Hellomotion High School students.  I also showed them the work of the ladies from Zone 4 community of BangMod Fest in Bangkok, work that they did during the recent DIY Fashion Workshop I conducted with them.


As it turned out, most of the high school students brought old clothing with them.  Some were "old" because these did not fit them anymore while some really only "felt" old - they still fit but perhaps weren't as fun to wear as their other pieces of clothing.

I was glad (and relieved) when some of the students still picked up the clothes that "felt" old and proceeded to tailor them more to their current preferred styles.  For example, a long polo shirt and a t-shirt were made into crop tops.




The two DIY fashion works above are my favorites.    With Agni's help, a student customized a sleeve of his polo shirt.  With a smirk, he said, "...like a tattoo."

The other student not only made a crop top out of a big-sized white polo shirt, she proceeded to make it into a fitted crop top.  When I saw what she was planning to do, I told her that she could get help to finish it.  Then she said, "Oh, I want to do it."

Flair for DIY fashion, check! Can-do attitude, check!   


Hellomotion High School, Ciputat, Jawa Barat, Indonesia

 

Comments

Popular Posts