Curious Philippines


Today, I'm proud to blog about a project I had started at the beginning of this year - www.curiousphilippines.wordpress.com

It's a photo-blog-in-progress with the singular aim of showing off my local heritage as I (and my friends) explore it first hand.   



Several months into this project, I'm happy to say that I have done some exploring - visited Bacolod city and the cities adjacent to it, and camped out at Calaguas Island in Camarines Norte.  Both were first time visits.

Travel expands your horizon.  And travel within your country could be very meaningful, especially during times of flux.  The Bacolod city I have visited is very different from the Bacolod city of 5 years ago.  This old sugar town is in the process of gentrification, housing several business process outsourcing operations today.  This has brought new life to the provincial city and has certainly left a mark on it.  

Calaguas Island, on the other hand, is a virgin beach that has only recently been opened to the public.  The Camarines provinces are on the rise right now, competing as the top tourist destination of the country.   The good news is that vacationing Filipinos make up a sizable portion of its visitors.

I'm excited about the future places that we'll visit.    The discoveries ahead, and the insight they will bring.  It's a commitment to lifelong research, mixed with a big dash of fun. ;)


___________________________________
An update on Curious Philippines: http://wearmesa.blogspot.com/2015/03/update-on-wear-of-needs-and.html

Comments

Popular Posts